1. Discuss how two of the following influenced Macbeth's actions in the play Macbeth: the witches, Lady Macbeth, Macbeth's own ambitions
2. Shakespeare's women are not slaves or subordinates to the men in the plays. They are complete characters in their own right; they influence other characters, and by so doing they influence the plot; they have dreams, ambitions, feelings, and desires; they are capable of sin and guilt, as well as joy and love; they (like men) can become tragic figures. With specific reference to scenes and events in the play, discuss how much of this is true for Lady Macbeth.
3. Sometimes a person's actions are determined largely by some aspect of his character, sometimes by some external force or forces exerting pressure on him, and sometimes by a combination of both. Using the character of Macbeth, illustrate whether the motivations for the actions of the character are internal, external, or both. Refer to specific incidents in the play and support your answer.
4. Themes or messages are very important to Shakespeare's plays. Discuss fully the development of one major theme or message the play has for its audience.
5. The idea of deception—that is, things are not always as they seen—is presented in Macbeth. Using specific references, trace the theme of deception as it is presented in the play.
6. To what extent is Lady Macbeth responsible for Macbeth becoming king of Scotland? Use specific evidence from the play to support your answer.
7. Below is a passage taken from the play. Answer the following questions about it: Who is speaking? What is the situation in which this passage is spoken? In your own words, summarize what is being said. Finally, with specific references to the plot of the play, explain the significance this passage has to the theme and to the character.
“I have almost forgot the taste of fears;
The time has been, my senses would have cool'd
To hear a night-shriek, and my fell of hair
would at a dismal treatise rouse, and stir
As life were in it; have supp'd full with horrors:
Direness, familiar to my slaughterous thoughts,
Cannot once start me.”
8. One of the themes of Macbeth is that wrongdoing has serious consequences. Discuss this statement with careful reference to the play and to the decline of both Lady Macbeth and Macbeth.
9. The misfortunes that befall us are sometimes due to our own acts and sometimes due to fate or ill luck. By referring to Macbeth explain the situation the character finds himself in and the extent to which the character is responsible.
10. By referring to Lady Macbeth's actions, thoughts and words and the things that are said about her, develop a character sketch of her.
11. One of the themes of Macbeth is that our actions have certain consequences, and that some of these consequences can be terrible and unexpected. Discuss this statement with reference to both Macbeth and Lady Macbeth.
12. A writer such as Shakespeare was able to create in the reader a feeling (such as respect, sympathy, love, hate, admiration, or several of these together towards one or more characters. Choose a character in the play and write your feelings towards that character and explain how the author managed to make you feel as you do.
13. Macbeth has not been a scoundrel all of his life. Instead he is a good man who has gone wrong. This is a real tragedy. Discuss this statement by focusing on Macbeth's good qualities some of which are used for the wrong purposes.
14. Shakespeare not only presents the actions of characters but also helps us to understand what motivates characters to act in the way that they do. Discuss the factors that motivate Macbeth's own ambitions.
Macbeth essay questions themes
Macbeth theme of ambition essay macbeth themes essay macbeth appearance at the start of the play is certainly dramatic and opens up plenty of questions. The theme of ambition in “macbeth” – essay discuss ideas & ask questions to your online community of teachers & students visit the forum facebook twitter. Macbeth theme essay summary free macbeth with william shakespeareâ s macbeth with themes a theme essay, quiz questions, and a man who free macbeth essay. Lady macbeth soon shows her power over macbeth when she questions her husband in this essay, i will argue that macbeth reflects strict themes, macbeth. Think you’ve got your head wrapped around macbeth put your knowledge to the test good luck — the stickman is counting on you.
These essay topics will help students explore and understand the major themes and characters of macbeth these prompts will help students create. List of 10 possible questions on macbeth essay, essaybasicscom. Read this english essay and over 88,000 other research documents the themes of macbeth the themes of macbeth william shakespeare’s plays are full of different.
Macbeth study guide contains a biography of william shakespeare, literature essays, a complete e-text, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary. Description and explanation of the major themes of macbeth this accessible literary criticism is perfect for anyone faced with macbeth essays, papers, tests, exams.
Discussing the corruption themes of macbeth english lady macbeth here, questions his manliness if you are the original writer of this essay and no longer. In macbeth , william macbeth major themes table of contents all subjects macbeth at a glance play summary essay questions practice projects. Macbeth questions 2 show how the destruction of the natural order becomes one of the main themes of lycee classique de diekirch essay questions on.
In-class essay for macbeth you will write a well-reasoned essay with detailed support from the play your essay will be written in class in blue or black ink write. 20 unique high school essay topics related to shakespeare’s macbeth when it comes to writing a quality high school essay on shakespeare’s play macbeth, choosing.
Rated 5/5 based on 43 review